December 2, 2010
|Genre(s)||City-building, construction and management simulation|
|Mode(s)||Single-player with multiplayer interaction|
CityVille is a browser based casual social city-building simulation game developed by Zynga as an application for the social-networking website Facebook.
It was announced on November 18, 2010, but the launch date was adjusted
to December to allow Zynga to make adjustments to the game.
The game attracted 100,000 players on its launch day making it Zynga's largest launch ever at the time of its release. On January 2, 2011, it reached the most monthly active users for an application ever on Facebook, beating Farmville's previous record although numbers may drop as its release date was exactly a month prior.
The game allows Facebook
members to become the mayor of a virtual city and to oversee its
development into a large metropolis. Players can perform tasks, which
include farming, construction, and rent collection in their city using
energy points. The amount of energy available increases as the user
gains in experience levels. The energy points are replenished
automatically at a constant rate.
The player can also visit their neighbor's city and perform up to 5
jobs daily. This gives the user reputation points which provides the
user with a free goods bonus with each reputation level-up and increases
the amount of energy, XP and coins bonuses available on a daily basis.
Players can send other players gifts and help them in some of the goals.
The main task of the game is to complete goals,which can be seen on the
top left corner of the screen and earn City Coins and purchase all
current items for some. Players can also buy goods,sell goods,(supply
goods to other players cities if their business branches are on their
cities) and produce their own goods by farming and shipping. This
virtual game has currently 80 experience levels.
- ^ Newscore (2010-12-02). "CityVille Game Launches on Facebook". myFOXphoenix.com. KSAZ-TV. http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpps/news/cityville-game-launches-on-facebook-dpgonc-20101202-gc_10905744. Retrieved 9 December 2010.
- ^ Kincaid, Jason (2010-12-06). "Zynga’s CityVille Springs To A Metropolis Overnight (Surprised?)". TechCrunch. http://techcrunch.com/2010/12/06/zynga-cityville-stats/. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- ^ MacMillan, Douglas (2010-11-17). "How Zynga Is Polishing CityVille". Businessweek. Bloomberg. http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_48/b4205047555118.htm. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- ^ Chalk, Andy (December 7, 2010). "Zynga Scores Its Biggest Hit Yet With CityVille". The Escapist. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105921-Zynga-Scores-Its-Biggest-Hit-Yet-With-CityVille. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- ^ Caoili, Eric (January 2, 2011). "Cityville has largest Facebook audience ever". Gamasutra. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/32231/CityVille_Has_Largest_Facebook_Audience_Ever.php. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- Jumlah posting : 97
Join date : 23.03.11
Lokasi : United States, CA
Permissions in this forum:Anda tidak dapat menjawab topik